Thursday, January 14, 2021

When are Chinese Christmas LPs not Chinese Christmas LPs? A: When they're Japanese.

 


Oops.  On December 10, I featured a ten-inch LP of Western Christmas songs sung in Chinese.  Except they were actually sung in Japanese, as I found when I plugged the label images into Microsoft's Translator app.  Going from Chinese to English got me nowhere, so I tried Japanese to English, and...


"Japanese Nativity Song Seika," with "Seika" meaning either "birth" or "home."  Definitely not a Chinese LP...

I like "Nativity song."  It's a cool phrase.


Lee

3 comments:

Ernie said...

Cool!! :)

Diane said...

Thanks for 'fessing up.

Lee Hartsfeld said...

keviekev said...

Thanks so much for all the cra.zy Christmas tunes

(I accidentally deleted your comment, so I'm typing it out. Apologies--Lee)