Thursday, October 11, 2018

Hits of To-day (Mini the Little LP 603)




I know nothing about Mini the Little LP, as it's called on the label, but I'm pretty sure it was a U.K. release, since I Wanna Be Your Man is a copy of the Rolling Stones version, which was a hit in the U.K. but not the U.S.  Candy Man, by Brian Poole and the Tremeloes, was also a U.K. hit that didn't appear on the U.S. charts, so this copy must be British.

"Mn the Little LP" does look a little odd, because there should at least be a comma or a dash between "Mini" and "the Little LP," but n one asked me.  Maybe because I was only seven at that time.

The original artists for the rest:

I Believe--The Bachelors
Anyone Who Had a Heart--Cilla Black
Good Golly Miss Molly--The Swinging Blue Jeans
World Without Love--Peter and Gordon (No. 1 in both U.S. and U.K.)

These are all fakes, of course.  Decent ones, but still phony.  Bogus.  Counterfeit.  Mere imitations.  But we get six on one single!




DOWNLOAD: Hits of To-Day (Mini the Little LP 603)




I Believe
I Wanna Be Your Man (Lennon-McCartney)
Anyone Who Had a Heart (Bacharach-David)
Candy Man
Good Golly Miss Molly
World Without Love (Lennon-McCartney)

Hits of Today (Mini the Little LP 603, six-selection EP)

Lee

1 comment:

Ernie said...

It's like an LP, only smaller! Would that be an SP?