Thursday, September 21, 2023

It looks like this blog is finished...

Workupload has banned any number of my posts.  Apparently, Tops material is making money for someone, and when someone makes money from "content," then that entity is presumed to own the content.  Whether it does or doesn't.

As ever, sharing for free is the ultimate crime, whereas some jerk label claims ownership to, say, a pre-1923 78, and copyright law be damned--I'm dealing with a YouTube "copyright claim."  Anyone who wants to make a few pennies from a label which went defunct in 1962, as did Tops--they are protected.  They do it with the blessings of the latest copyright act.  You and I are screwed.

I was afraid workupload might take that idiot route, and it has.  MEGA won't let me use it, and I don't know where else to turn, unless I want to pay a pricey subscription fee (I don't).  If anyone has any helpful suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

I mean, for God's sake, we can't have me potentially robbing some "content manager" or streaming service a buck and a quarter.  And we've seen rogue content managers swiping material from major labels--and in rips made by yours truly.

I'm terrified to look, since at least one of my "fake hits" offerings has been banned.  What a mess.

Want to profit from material you don't own?  No problem.  Want to share it for free?  Sorry.  Can't be allowed.

YouTube allows "copyright claim" material (including PD pre-1923 sides) to be posted at their platform, so maybe I can switch to YT.  I don't know yet what I'm going to do.  I may not have any options.

And Workupload has such a charming "banned" display (see below).  Isn't they precious?  I guess they can afford to find humor in this situation.  Hope I don't get a copyright-violation notice for using their idiot image.

My big error was in not demanding money for my rips.  Then, I'd be fine.  




Lee

8 comments:

groovylounge said...

Have you tried https://turbobit.net

Lee Hartsfeld said...

Thanks--I might do that. The big problem is that nearly all of my blog's content has been knocked out of the water. I don't have the have nor desire to revive it.

Ernie said...

Ouch! It happens to us all now and then. Just stay calm and soldier on, as they say. Wish Mega worked for you, I've had real good luck with them for five years now. I've been paying for it, but it cheap and easy. If I lost it, I'd probably throw in the towel for a while, but then I'd start back up and go at it again like I always have. Don't let it knock you down, it's nothing personal.

Felix said...

...yandex.ru, mail oblako, Lenin- big.

dfbm said...

Mediafire is still hosting my files from 10+ years ago. Also archive.org might be a viable solution, even if they are being attacked because they host some 5000-year-old crackling shellac record by Frank Sinatra.

Lee Hartsfeld said...

dfbm,

Thanks. I'm not sure if I've tried Mediafire before. Worth a shot. And, yes, the attack on the Internet Archive is disgraceful. It's part of the war on the Public Domain. God forbid that the public should ever get back old media that ITS dollars made possible.

Andrew said...

pixeldrain is another one worth trying.

Lee Hartsfeld said...

Andrew,

Thanks!