Monday, April 06, 2020

Fuller, fully fixed

Sorry--that's the best wordplay I could manage on a moment's notice.  Here are the two Earl Fuller zips I featured in the post before last.  Unknown to me, the previous files contained the RIAA (LP) curve--I thought my saved template contained the inverse RIAA.  Not.

This time, I took the extra step of choosing my software's acoustical preset for the Victor label, and then activating the equalization page template I'd designed.  Complicated, but I'm guessing I can save much trouble by using the VS "Copy of..." function.  As in, after altering the Victor acoustical preset, simply save it as a copy.  This would make more sense if I had the relevant program pages up and I were doing a YouTube tutorial.  And I've always wanted to type "if I had the relevant program pages up."

These sound a lot better.  I've also updated the links on the original post.  Enjoy the fresher, crisper Earl Fuller!  And how often will I have the opportunity to type that?







DOWNLOAD: Earl Fuller, 1917-1921--Part One  Part Two






All Earl Fuller's Rector Novelty Orch., unless otherwise credited


Cold Turkey--One-step (Will Donaldson)

12th St. Rag (Bowman)
Pork and Beans (Luckey Roberts)
More Candy--One-step (Mel B. Kaufman)
Ida!  Sweet as Apple Cider (Eddie Munson)
One Fleeting Hour (John Stepan Zamecnik, as "Dorothy Lee") (12-inch)
While the Incense Is Burning (Walter Smith)--Earl Fuller's Orchestra
Castle Valse Classique (Dvorak, Arr. by Ford T. Dabney) (12-inch)
Smiles (Lee S. Roberts)
Graveyard Blues (Woods-Caldwell)
Sweet Emalina, My Gal --One-step (Creamer and Layton)
I Ain't Got Nobody Much (Graham-Williams)
Down Home Rag (Wilber C.S. Sweatman)
Mickey--Medley (Williams and Moret)
The Missouri Waltz (Lee Edgar Settle, Frederic Knight Logan, as "Knight, Logan and Eppel")
Here Comes America--Medley One-step (Jack Glogau)
Texas (David W. Guion) (12-inch)
Oriental--One-step (Vincent Rose) (12-inch)
Singapore--Medley (Gilbert and Friedland)
Out of the East--Oriental Fox Trot (Joe Rosey)
Sand Dunes--Oriental One-step (Byron Gay, Arr. Henri Klickermann)
Spaniola (Joe Rosey)
Egyptland (James. W. Casey)
Mummy Mine (Vincent Rose)
Ruspana--One-step (Robert A. King, as "Mary Earl")
Sweet Siamese (Robert A King, as "Mary Earl")
Ain't We Got Fun (Kahn-Egan-Whiting)--Earl Fuller's New York Orch. (Olympic 15116; 1921)
Just Because (Stevens-Frosini)--Same








Lee

3 comments:

Ernie said...

It's like I'm there in the room with these Fuller brush men! :)

Aging Child said...

Lee, thank you for the experienced revisit of these recordings, and all the great info in the original post. With well, well over a century of superb recordings, fine software, patience, and a lot of unplanned time on our hands (plus a good browser), there's just no such thing as downtime anymore. And that's fine!

Lee Hartsfeld said...

Ernie,

Thanks! I hope you didn't brush them off? (Cha-dunk, crash!)

Aging Child,

And I just now found your comment in my Blogger section. Sometimes Blogger fails to send a comment notification. Thanks for the kind words! I have some more shellac almost ready to post.