Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Pietro Deiro--an accordion Christmas--booklet not included





(From last year): I bought this ten-selection Christmas EP from eBay expecting "fake hit"-style tracks, but everything is accordion and percussion.  The eBay ad either didn't mention the nature of the music, or I just failed to read the full description.  "Produced by Pietro Deiro Publications," says the label, Pietro Deiro having been a famous and influential accordionist of the early 1900s.  I have some acoustical Victor 78s by him that I haven't gotten around to hearing.

At the bottom of the label: "Instructional record to be used only with accompanying text."  I don't have the text, but I found some images on eBay (other images included with zip).  We get glimpses of the text, but not the whole thing:


$14.99 for the text alone.  Well, I don't have an accordion, so I'll pass.  But the disc is fun listening--more entertaining than you might imagine.  If any of you, by a strange chance, have the text but not the record, this is your lucky day.

Arrangements by Pietro Deiro, Jr.




DOWNLOAD: Pietro Deiro Publications Christmas




Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
A Merry Merry Christmas
Jingle Bell Roll
When Santa Claus Gets Your Letter
The Night Before Christmas Song
The Santa Claus Parade
Everyone's a Child at Christmas
We Wish You a Merry Christmas

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer--Christmas Selections (No, 913, MO8H-3055/56)


Lee

No comments: