Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas! And some carols by your blogger.

 


I love that ad from Christmas, 1884.  A two-page spread in a children's magazine.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas--ours is warm and wet.  I can't hear the rain at the moment, but I'm sure it's still going.  Now, I could swear I saw a very light snowfall just before the rain kicked in last night.  Of course, I could have dreamed that, but I think I was awake.  Not sure, but I think.

The local forecasters were assuring us we wouldn't get a white Christmas.  But it looks like we might have had one--for about 20 minutes, anyway.

Stay merry, bright, and safe, and if you feel the urge, give my 2021 carols a listen.  I wrote these over the past two nights, all the while trying to convince myself I was too busy to be composing and notating (and trying to read my own writing).  Actually, I can notate very precisely when I take the time, but when time is limited... Four carols, all with titles, and I hid the edit marks pretty well, I think.  I write so fast that I have to rehearse my own pieces--they never come about as a slow process; they just flow out.

Oh, and "Decorated Homes on Dark Country Roads" refers to my 7 pm drive home last night, with me getting lost for the first time on that trek (it's a straight shot, so I don't know what I did).  While I was finding my way back to the right road, I noticed how lovely the lighted-up houses were in the pitch-dark of the country.  But I named my carol after the fact--it wasn't really inspired by this experience.  It works, though.

57 and cloudy, says my desktop weather app.  Maybe we're experiencing a brief dry spell.  Anyway, Merry Christmas and a great transition to 2022!!


DOWNLOAD: Carols by Lee


Christmas Time 2021

Christmas Eve Service 

Decorated Homes on Dark Country Roads

Dreaming of a Wet Christmas


All written and played by Lee Hartsfeld on his Casio WK-3800.



Lee

7 comments:

Bryan said...

Hey Lee,
Thank you for a lovely personal Christmas gift from yourself.
I wish you, your cats, and your readers a Merry Holiday Season.
Here in Berlin, Germany we had a bit of snow on three different days. On the last day, kids and their parents were able to have snowball fights. Thank goodness on the following days it had melted. Nothing like slipping on your ass from the ice. Currently, we are in freezing mode. It is 17F or -8C. On my birthday it rises above 30F for a few days, then it gets cold again. But every day brings a new weather forecast, so who knows. Bryan

Buster said...

Merry Chrismas, Lee! No snow up here, either. The weather is quite like yours.

Jim D. said...

Merry Christmas Lee. Sunny and 72 today in middle Georgia. Grew up in Deeeetroit, or as my Canadian friends pronounce it, Dee-troyet. :) Not missing the snowflakes one bit! Keep up the good work.

Stan S. said...

Holidays with a flair of some great tunes By Lee himself. We all Thank-You very much for everything that you have provided to our ears there in the Holiday Spirits here. Just an Icey Mix in our area of Vermont so we did not venture to travel, we just don't like skating with the SUV. There is always tomorrow. We hope that your Holidays are Great Ones too. Stan

Ernie said...

Merry Christmas Lee! Hope you had a good one!

Diane said...

Sunny and 50-ish in Hoosierland. It didn't feel that Christmas-y, so we played some yule oldies -- Jo Stafford, Three Suns, Herb Alpert -- and music put us in the mood. Merry, merry! And as always, thanks for the originals and the rips, both. Peace.

Geordie said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day from snowy Vancouver. I'll be listening to your carols tonight.